This commercial grade color scanner is ultra compact and can handle thick media such as laminated and embossed-character cards.
The Ambir® DS687 Duplex ID Card Scanner delivers commercial-grade scanning quality in an ultra compact footprint. A single pass provides a quick and accurate simultaneous scan of both sides of ID cards, driver’s licenses, checks, and other forms of identification, as well as other documents up to 4.2” x 7.25”. The resulting scan is at a crisp 600dpi resolution. It also easily handles thick media such as laminated ID cards and plastic cards with embossed characters*. The DS687 is ideal for capturing driver’s license and ID data at healthcare facility admissions, hospitality registration, point of sale (POS) environments and financial institutions – anywhere customers or clients need to provide identity data. The DS687 comes with AmbirScan , Ambir’s powerful imaging software. AmbirScan features support for Adobe PDF, JPEG, GIF, BMP, and now TIFF extensions. Fixed file locations let you set a default save location for your scans. AmbirScan also has a recently enhanced user interface.
- Scan Modes – 48-bit internal color, outputs 24-bit true color, 8-bit grayscale & 1-bit B&W
- Scan Speed – 4.5 seconds per single-sided page in B&W mode at 200dpi, 6 seconds per page duplex mode**
- Scan Area – A6, maximum 4.2” x 7.25” (106mm x 184mm)
- Media Thickness – up to 1.5mm
- Interface – high speed USB 2.0; no external power required
- Optical Resolution – up to 600dpi
- TWAIN compliant
- Dimensions (LxWxH) – 8” x 2.6” x 1.7” (203mm x 66mm x 43mm)
- Weight – 11.2oz (318g)
- Image Sensor – dual linear color contact image sensor (CMOS CIS)
- Paper Sensor – mechanical
- Cable Length – 6’ (1.8m) detachable USB cable
- Safety Standards – FCC Class B, CE
- Environmental Requirement – RoHS, WEEE
* Typical driver’s license thickness is 0.82mm, insurance cards 0.65mm and credit cards 1.18mm
** Scan speed will vary based on alternate settings and type of material being scanned
Adobe® is either a registered trademark or trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.